Bar Poker Open
The Bar Poker Open is an enormous community of bar poker players, a series of events with great guarantees, fun parties, and a National Championship Invitational. All events include Final Tables played on the same final table set of the WPT(c) including a Live-Streamed National Championship Final Table.
All players from any league are more than welcome to join us in the open events. The National Championship Invitational, however, is open only to affiliate poker leagues and eligible players.
Our top players are invited to play against top players in the other Bar Poker Open Affiliate leagues, in one of the National Championship events:
How to Win a Direct BPO Seat
Play in a sanctioned bar and place in the top three. Your TD will then get your name and email address so you can receive an invite to play in the online tournament, where the top players will win a seat to one of the Bar Poker Open Championships!
And, the first place finisher every weekend will win a $700 travel package for the Las Vegas event, including $400 for airfare and four nights hotel stay!
The online tournaments are held each Sunday morning at 11:00 am Eastern time.
Play in one of our nightly, local BPO-sanctioned events. Finish in the top 3, and you win a token!
Use your token to play in one of the weekly online freerolls on barpokeropen.com. The top 2% win a seat at the next Bar Poker Open National Championship!
And, the winner of the online freeroll every week wins, in addition to the seat, a travel package valued at $700, which includes a four-night hotel stay and up to $400 for airfare!
Winning a BPO Seat Through Kontenders
From time to time, Kontenders Poker has special promotions or special events in which a BPO seat is awarded. Stay tuned to this website, your region's Facebook group, and announcements by your TD's for information about these opportunities.
Some seats awarded directly by KOntenders Poker are obtained from Bar Poker Open under various promotions, and are actually subject to the same restrictions and limitations as if the seat had been won directly from BPO in one of the BPO online events.
If you do win a seat through Kontenders, aside from those mentioned in red above, be aware of the following:
(1) Seat is good for 12 months -- generally this gives you two National Championships to choose from
(2) If you choose Vegas, with a larger prize pool, you will need to pay the small difference in buy-ins between the events
(3) To redeem your seat and play at your selected BPO event, you must inform the league (email@example.com) of your intentions a few weeks in advance of the event. There will be a deadline for this RSVP which will be announced multiple time in our Facebook groups as well as through other channels.
(4) Seat can be cashed out for 75% of face value only if stated in prizes.
(5) Seat can be transferred to another player for a $25 transfer fee. PLEASE NOTE this only applies to seats won through a Kontenders event, not seats won by playing any BarPokerOpen.com online event.